FIRST, YOUR TURN:
Below is a checklist of everything we need from you within the next 7 days. Please send Sara an email with all of these items:
1. Review all of this information carefully, and BOOKMARK THIS PAGE: https://www.onelove-photo.com/the-goods/
2. Print the Lens Guide and bring it with you to all weddings. Read it now. Read it the week before you shoot. Read it the day you shoot. Sleep with it under your pillow. 😉 The Lens Guide is your key to making it successfully through the trial.
3. Do you have any dietary restrictions? We will notify the caterer preparing your vendor meal at the weddings you shoot.
4. Please upload the speed test this week: Take a screenshot of your test results. Then, use the FTP instructions (at this link) to upload the screenshot of your results. Please email to confirm when you have sent me a test file.
Note: If your upload speed is under 3.0 MPBS, this will be too slow to upload with. Most of our team has a minimum of a 3-10 MBPS upload speed.
5. Do not shoot on ONE SHOT MODE or AF-S unless you are using flash at night. Ensure you are shooting on AI-SERVO or AF-C all day.
6. BACK BUTTON FOCUS – if you do not know what this is, now is a great time to learn! It will change your life. 🙂 Using BBF (Back Button Focus) with AF-C or AI-SERVO is the only way to shoot moving action. If you shoot AF-S or ONE SHOT MODE, you will find your lens starting and stopping, slowing at key moments when you need to capture movement (i.e. Recessional, Grand Entrance) Read about how it works here.
How-to for the following models:
There are two buttons that are most common as your Back Button Focus Button:
2. * (Star)
You can choose whichever one is most comfortable for you.
Images must be shot in RAW as specified below:
Mark III: Largest Raw
Mark IV: Largest Raw
Nikon: Shoot with original raw settings as in camera
7. Remember to SYNC ALL OF YOUR CAMERA bodies to the World Clock. Always sync up after Daylight savings and check with the lead that your bodies are on the same time.
8. Remember, you may only invoice one all of your files have been transferred after a wedding. Start sending no later than the next morning after a wedding.
NEXT, OUR TURN:
1. We’ll be inviting you to calendar events for each wedding you agree to work. Please reply “YES” to your calendar invitation.
2. Anna, our Photography Coordinator, will send you a brief the Monday eve before any weekend wedding. The brief will include the contact information for everyone that weekend and all photo requests, and the timeline for shooting. (One of the most important jobs a second photographer has is to ensure that list is covered entirely, by checking it off with the lead all day. Print it out and bring it with you. Do not use your phone to look at the schedule, as it looks like you are “on your phone” at a wedding.)